Your hair is your crown, and having fantastic colour makes that crown shine! To keep your colour looking tip top until your next appointment follow our expert guide. If there’s one thing we know best it’s hair colour. After all, hair colour is our thing!
1. Always use the shampoos, conditioners and products recommended by your stylist. Supermarket products may be cheap, but they will cost you in colour fade. Professional salon products have less of the nasty chemicals, and more of the good stuff to ensure great condition. Condition is key!
2. Keep up with your maintenance appointments every 6 weeks. This might be the difference between just needing your roots or toner topped up, or needing the full works again! We always recommend rebooking your next appointment before leaving to avoid losing your ideal space.
3. Stick to washing your hair 2 – 3 times per week. Frequent washing will strip your colour out quicker.
4. Your colour will only look great if your hair is in great condition. Get regular trims (every 6 weeks) to get rid of those split ends and enhance that shine!
5. Avoid chlorine and hard water where possible. We’re lucky that we have such clean soft water up here in sunny Scotland.
6. Turn your heat styling tools down to 180°C and keep that heat styling down to a minimum.
7. If you have a semi-permanent (vivid) colour, it will fade quicker. Always wash semi-permanent colour in cold water to get the most out of it.
To book in your next colour appointment just give us a call on 01383 223410. If you're new to the salon or haven't been in a while, book in a for a free consultation with one of your expert hair colourists. Get that hair colour looking fab just in time for summer!